How we handle your information
Who we are
Our website address is: https://uniquekidstherapy.com.au.
Unique Kids Therapy respects the privacy of clients and their families and abides by the requirements of the Australian Privacy Principles.
We will only collect personal information that is necessary for us to provide direct and indirect services to clients and their families.
As part of Unique Kids Therapy Services, you are asked to sign a consent form in relation to maintaining your records and sharing/releasing information. This consent is valid for the period of time you receive services from us.
When information is collected from you as a client/family/guardian, you should be aware:
- About why the information was gathered, examples of this include for assessment purposes, reports, progress notes and/or liaison with external providers.
- That all information is written in a subjective, objective and respectful manner.
- That all information is kept confidential.
- You are entitled to cancel consent at any time by confirming this in writing.
Photos and videos
Staff will ensure that your consent is obtained before any photos or video footage are taken, or during any online calls e.g. telepractice.
Sharing client information
Your information is not shared with anyone without your written consent, unless Unique Kids Therapy Staff have concerns for your safety or is required to by law.
By law, we are required to notify the following;
- When there are concerns about a child’s or young person’s safety, welfare or wellbeing, we are authorised to share information without the consent of the child, young person or family member. These concerns must be reported to the Department of Communities and Justice.
- The NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission of any reportable incident or allegation of which we become aware.
- Deaths of a client in our service are required to be reviewed by the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission and/or Coroner.
Information storage and security
All information is stored electronically and electronic records are protected through individual login and password. If any information is stored on a paper document it will be stored in a lockable filing cabinet.
Paper records relating to children under 18 years old at the date of their last service are kept until the client turns 25 years old. After that time period, records are destroyed securely.
Clients and their families are encouraged to use the complaints procedures if they have concerns about their privacy.
Contact: 0487 910 508